DRIVE offers mentoring and funding support to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to help grow and develop Norfolk and Suffolk’s rural economy.
The programme supports local businesses to invest in a new business project that benefits their growth and creates new employment.
You can apply for a grant of up to 40% of total project costs. The minimum grant is £5,000 and the maximum grant is £30,000.
Before you apply for a grant, you must spend up to 12 hours with a DRIVE Business Mentor. They will help you to write a project plan and a reviewed business plan so you can write a grant application.
Frequently asked questions
• Sole traders
• Private limited companies
• Limited liability partnerships
• Social enterprises
• Charities or trusts
For full details, please see the applicant handbook guide.
• Building new infrastructure or renovating existing dwellings
• Technology upgrades or new purchases
• New equipment to enhance manufacturing activities
• Tourism development – including museums and art galleries
• Sustainable enterprises or business improvements
• New innovative ideas
This is not a full list. Contact us if you are unsure whether your project is eligible.
All projects will need to comply with the European Regional Development Fund’s regulations, and as a result not all business activities are eligible for funding.
You are not eligible if your business primarily engages with:
• Fishery, aquaculture and forestry sectors
• Horticulture or primary production, processing and marketing of agricultural products
• Steel production
• Synthetic fibres
• Banking, insurance or financial services
• School age education
• Retail (except manufacturing activities)
• Post offices
• Food and beverage service activities
This is not a full list. Contact us if you are unsure whether your business activity is eligible.